Are you a die-hard fan of adrenaline-pumping, heart-racing action movies? Look no further! We’ve compiled the ultimate list of must-see action films that will leave you on the edge of your seat. From classic blockbusters to recent releases, we have something for everyone. So grab some popcorn and get ready to feel the rush as we dive into the top ten action movies of all time, the top five from the last decade, and our picks for this year’s best. But be warned – we’ll also be revealing which three flicks fell short in delivering a thrilling experience. Let’s get started!
The Top Ten Action Movies of All Time
Action movies have been a staple in the film industry for decades, providing audiences with thrilling fight scenes and heart-pumping stunts. Here are the top ten action movies of all time, each leaving a lasting impact on cinema.
First up is Die Hard (1988), starring Bruce Willis as John McClane who takes down a group of terrorists during Christmas at Nakatomi Plaza. This movie set the standard for action films to come with its iconic one-liners and intense sequences.
Next is The Matrix (1999), which revolutionized special effects and introduced us to bullet time. Keanu Reeves stars as Neo, discovering that he’s living in a computer simulation controlled by machines while also training to become “The One” capable of saving humanity.
Another classic is Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) where Arnold Schwarzenegger returns as a cyborg sent back in time to protect Sarah Connor’s son from another advanced terminator model sent by Skynet.
Other notable mentions include Mad Max: Fury Road (2015), Lethal Weapon (1987), Point Break (1991), Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon(2000) , Raiders of the Lost Ark(1981) and Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2(2003-04).
Each movie on this list has made an impact on pop culture and continues to inspire filmmakers today. Whether it’s through groundbreaking visual effects or memorable performances, these films will always be remembered as some of the greatest action movies ever made.
The Top Five Action Movies of the Last Decade
Over the last decade, there have been some incredible action movies that have captured our attention and left us on the edge of our seats. Here are five of the best:
1) John Wick (2014): This movie introduced us to a new kind of action hero in Keanu Reeves’ character, John Wick. With its stunning choreography and fast-paced fight scenes, this movie redefined what it means to be an action movie.
2) Mad Max: Fury Road (2015): Set in a post-apocalyptic world, this movie delivers non-stop thrills with its high-speed chase scenes and explosive stunts. Charlize Theron’s portrayal of Imperator Furiosa is one for the ages.
3) Mission: Impossible – Fallout (2018): Tom Cruise proves yet again that he’s willing to do anything for his craft as he performs his own death-defying stunts in this thrilling installment of the Mission: Impossible franchise.
4) The Raid (2011): This Indonesian martial arts film follows a SWAT team as they infiltrate an apartment complex controlled by a ruthless drug lord. With its intense hand-to-hand combat scenes, The Raid has become a modern classic in the action genre.
5) Wonder Woman (2017): We have Wonder Woman – not only was it groundbreaking for having a female superhero lead but also delivered outstanding performances from Gal Gadot and Chris Pine alongside adrenaline-fueled moments like Diana storming No Man’s Land during World War I; making it one epic origin story worth watching over and over again!
The Top Three Action Movies of the Year
The action movie genre continues to provide audiences with a thrilling and adrenaline-fueled experience year after year. As we approach the end of another year, it’s time to take a look at the top three action movies that have dominated the box office in 2021.
First on our list is “F9: The Fast Saga”. This highly anticipated sequel has been a hit among fans of the Fast and Furious franchise. With its high-speed car chases, explosive stunts, and over-the-top action sequences, it’s no wonder this movie has raked in millions at the box office.
Next up is “Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings”. Marvel’s latest addition to their cinematic universe introduces us to new characters and delivers breathtaking martial arts fights scenes. Not only does this movie deliver on action-packed fight scenes, but also provides depth through its storytelling.
Last but not least is “No Time To Die”, Daniel Craig’s final Bond film. This installment promises all the elements that make James Bond films great – heart-racing chase scenes, incredible stunts and an engaging storyline featuring one of cinema’s most iconic characters.
These top three action movies showcase just how diverse this genre can be while continuing to push boundaries in terms of what audiences can expect from an action-packed thriller.
The Bottom Three Action Movies of All Time
While there are countless great action movies out there, unfortunately, not all films can be winners. Here are the bottom three action movies of all time that you might want to avoid:
1. “Catwoman” (2004) starring Halle Berry – this film was a critical and commercial failure due to its confusing plot and lackluster action scenes.
2. “Batman & Robin” (1997) starring George Clooney – despite having an impressive cast on paper, this movie fell flat due to its cheesy dialogue and over-the-top villains
3. “Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li” (2009) starring Kristin Kreuk – while it had potential as a video game adaptation, this movie failed miserably with its thin plot and unremarkable fight scenes.
When it comes to choosing an action movie to watch, make sure you do your research before diving in headfirst. But if you’re looking for some guaranteed thrills, the top ten and top five lists mentioned earlier in this article should steer you in the right direction!