As we all know that the process of IVF involves various fertility treatments, Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) is one of them.
FET is a procedure helpful in attaining pregnancy. In this treatment, frozen embryos are used. In the duration of the FET cycle, your embryos are defrosted and put inside your uterus. It is performed during a conception-supportive period of the menstrual cycle.
The Best IVF Centre in Gurgaon can help you to get assisted throughout your FET journey. With a team of next level professionals and setup of highly advanced techniques, you can assure yourself of having an alluring medical experience.
The methods found in Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) are vital to be known. That is why a thorough analysis has been done and required information regarding this process has been presented here. Let we now go through the procedure, risks and success rates involved in FET:
Procedure of FET Treatment
As directed by the Best IVF Centre, the process of FET involves certain steps which are as follows:
1. Hormone Therapy: The hormone therapy can be done in 2 ways.
- Estrogen Therapy: In this, Progesterone is injected and then a particular day is selected for the treatment of FET once endometrial lining reaches anticipated thickness.
- Natural Cycles: The defrosted, quality-checked embryos are put inside the uterus, after ovulation tracking done by the doctor. It is confirmed with some scans and tests and the implantation window is arranged.
2. Embryo Transfer: The embryo is transferred on the 3rd to 5th day of the progesterone therapy, generally. For the ovulation’s biological cycle, embryo transfer is done to the uterus in the morning on the scheduled day of FET.
3. Hormonal Study and Conception Test: A serum pregnancy test is conducted after 12 to 14 days of embryo transfer. The positive outcome of it may lead to measuring of serum progesterone while in negative response of the test, hormonal therapy would be discontinued as a period generally begins in a few days. When the period’s end is near, your doctor may request you to have a vaginal sonogram or serum progesterone test conduction or both.
4. Follow-Up Consultation: If the pregnancy test comes positive, the vaginal sonogram is postponed for 2 to 3 weeks. At this point of time, we are usually able to recognize the number of embryos and can also sense a heartbeat. After surpassing this developmental achievement, the risk of pregnancy loss is decreased. Somehow, if the process is not successful, you should consult with your IVF specialist.
Risks Involved in FET Treatment
As suggested by the IVF Centre in Guragon with tremendous recognition, you should be aware of the potential risks while considering any fertility treatment.
Following are the uncertainties that can occur while having an FET therapy:
- Chances of Pregnancy Loss: We cannot always have a 100 % assurance of a successful implantation in a fertility treatment. In an odd case, if the implantation isn’t fruitful, it can lead the couples seeking conception to emotional damage. This is very much bad for the psychological health of the partners.
- Possibility of Multiple Pregnancies: See, in the process of FET, transfer of multiple embryos is done so, there are chances of having a conceiving with twins or triplets or even more than that. Secondly it can be harmful for the health of both the mother and babies.
FET’s Success Rate
As per the detailed analysis done by the very well-known IVF Centre Gurgaon, if we talk about the success ratio of the FET process, patients aged 35 or younger have a 60 % chance of conception. On the other hand, women over the age 40 have only a 20% chance of getting pregnant.
The overall conclusion tells that the procedure of FET has a great potential of providing a fruitful conception to the couples seeking parenthood. A summarized overview of the above information has been presented below.
At first we understand that the Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) comes with step by step processing of executions which are; hormone therapy, embryo transfer, hormonal study & conception test and finally a follow-up consultation. This complete procedure involves guidance by your consulted physician.
Then, we got to study the potential risks involved in this treatment comprising multiple pregnancies and a loss of pregnancy too. These may arise due to several natural or unnatural factors.
At last, we came to know that the age factor may lead to a differentiation of possibility in conceiving. It varies in the women of age 35 or younger and above 40.
While choosing FET, get your uterus completely prepared for an implantation under the guidance of your consulted IVF care specialist and remember to have a safe and secure implantation process along with intake of proper drugs.While considering IVF or FET as a cure for your infertility issues, you must go through a few important things, out of which, IVF Cost in Delhi / NCR should be thoroughly researched. Always go for an affordable treatment which does not compromise on the quality standards.