Selling lottery tickets may appear easy initially; customers flock to lottery retailers and eagerly purchase lottery products. But retailing lottery products is no easier than any other business: to be effective, you must proactively promote them to existing customer traffic; these tips provide lottery retailers with ideas on how to encourage lottery products more efficiently to increase basket size and customer efficiency.
1. Promote syndicate sales. Bundle together tickets into groups and sell shares – people like to feel included, so offering syndicate tickets may give people who feel alone a sense of belonging with one more ticket pack to share in.
2. White Board News. Infuse immediacy and local interest into the lottery products you sell by posting current jackpots and news onto a small whiteboard to create an engaging personality and fun pitch of lottery products.
3. Preprint and Pitch. Assign your team members the task of offering lottery products without prompting from customers who do not expressly request such offerings. Consider packing all similar sale values into one box for easy lucky dip purchases.
4. Second Chance Drawing. Give customers a space to write their name and number on nonwinning tickets to enter into weekly or fortnightly second chance draws and give away lottery tickets as prizes.
5. Package your goods according to season. When creating gifts for Mother’s and Father’s Days, create lucky packs tailored specifically for these events with different games and instant scratch tickets inside each lucky pack for mom and dad alike.
6. Clever poster placement. Arrange posters to reflect the rewards available – rather than trying to promote everything the lottery company wants you to promote. Pacing posters representing what will sell best within your business would be more effective.
7. Scratch Ticket of the Week. Display one unique scratch ticket each week on an A4 poster display at your counter, ensuring all team members understand its rules of play and offering reasons why someone could give one as a present, đánh lô đề trực tuyến Gi8 such as thanking, showing appreciation, or celebrating someone’s special birthday.
8. Upsell. Retail employees tend to take offense when asked to upsell, which can be challenging and time-consuming. Make it fun; offer rewards; give people freedom on how they sell products (with lottery products, it could even mean informing customers about upcoming jackpots!).
9. Integrate lottery products into gift packs. Give memorable Mother’s Day presents by including lottery or scratch tickets as part of an assortment, such as chocolate, magazines, or pens – or all three!
10. Track Sales. Keep tabs on lottery sales numbers per game. Show this data to your team so they know which products need promoting; providing such visibility could get them on board faster and improve business results.
Doing nothing extraordinary to increase lottery sales will only result in lackluster sales growth. Take these ideas, experiment, make them personal and pursue increased lottery product sales growth!
Increase Sales with Syndicates Sales
One effective strategy to increase lottery sales is selling syndicates. Retailers of lottery products can package multiple tickets together and sell shares, giving customers who purchase these shares an experience similar to belonging to a small group that owns part of a more significant value pack of tickets; this, in turn, increases lottery product sales overall. Retailers can use social media channels like Facebook to promote syndicate sales and encourage participants.
Establish Seasonal Packages
Another effective strategy to increase lottery sales is creating seasonal packages. Retailers could create Mom’s Lucky Pack for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day that contains several games and instant scratch tickets; this would attract customers searching for gifts for special events and boost lottery sales.
Retailers can keep tabs on lottery sales by game and inform their team, informing them which products need more promotion or could generate better results for the business. Doing this may get people onboard more effectively and increase outcomes for all involved.
Put Your Posters Strategically Placed
Placing posters that highlight available rewards can also increase lottery sales. While lottery companies encourage retailers to promote the range, retailers would do well putting up signs that reflect what will sell well within their store and can create urgency among customers while creating excitement – ultimately increasing lottery sales.
Upselling can be tricky, but it doesn’t need to be complex or laborious. Retailers can offer rewards and give employees autonomy on how they go about it; with lottery products, it may even simply mean informing a customer of an upcoming jackpot; by doing this, employees can sell more lottery products and increase sales.